Your Best Address

Benefits & How to Register a Vehicle

Scheduling an Appointment

Once you have a YBA Box #, you can register your vehicle in South Dakota. You can do this yourself, or our dedicated registration specialist Erin can walk you through the whole process or file the paperwork for you. Schedule an appoint with Erin by clicking below.

Pay by phone during your appointment

FMCA members get the 1st vehicle registration fee waived!

More About SD Vehicle Registration

Schedule a free appointment with our vehicle specialist Erin. If you choose to have us file your registration for you, there will be a small fee.

We can help register any motorhome, trailer, boat, 5th wheel and motorcycle, and it can be done entirely by mail, email or phone. Full-time RV'ers don't need a South Dakota driver's license to register vehicles in SD.

Registration (license) fees are based on Unladen Vehicle Weight (UVW) and age of vehicle. Fees are lower for vehicles 10 years and older.

You may not owe South Dakota's 4 percent excise tax on the purchase of new or used vehicles and RV's if you paid at least 4 percent to another state. South Dakota has reciprocity with most other states to grant credit for sales/excise tax paid to others. No personal property or luxury tax on RV's.

How-To Videos

Getting an Estimate

Make an Appointment

Filling Out the Paperwork

Example Appointment


Thank you to our South Dakota partners

Your Best Address Mail Forwarding
1-800-419-1690 |
401 E 8th St # 214, Sioux Falls, SD 57103
9AM-5PM Mon-Fri
Terms SD Residency Blog - copyright 2019