SD Vehicle Registration Calculator
Once you have a YBA physical mailbox number, you can register your vehicle in South Dakota. There are plenty of benefits for registering your vehicle in South Dakota.
Get a South Dakota address by signing up for a mailbox through YBA.
We’ll provide you with the legal forms and paperwork you need to change your residency / domicile state to South Dakota.
Schedule a meeting with our vehicle specialist Melissa.
Talk one-on-one with our staff, who will walk you through exactly how to apply at the lowest possible tax rate. Appointment costs depend on your registration requirements. FMCA members get the 1st vehicle free.
Pay the registration fees during your appointment or by phone.
Registration fees are based on Unladen Vehicle Weight and the age of the vehicle. Fees are lower for vehicles 10 years and older.
Benefits of registering your vehicles in South Dakota
- Saving money on registration costs, check out the Savings Estimate to see just how much you can save
- You may not owe South Dakota’s 4% excise tax if you paid at least a 4% tax in another state
- There are no personal property or luxury taxes on RVs.
- There are no mandatory vehicle inspections
- We make the process easy by using great customer service
- We can register any motorhome, trailer, boat, motorcycle, car, or 5th wheel